Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I’m breaking down. Assignment’s due on Friday, haven’t started writing, haven’t even finished reading my research material.

The past two days (Sunday and Monday) was spent with family in the forest reserve Taman Negara deep deep in Pahang. From KL we drove to somewhere and took a 3 hour ‘sampan’ all the way up a river just to get to our resort. The boat ride seemed like forever. And it was as hot as hell sitting there, the shade was pretty useless against the scorching Malaysian sun in the afternoon. The trip there was okay, just really bug-infested and really cramped, my mom wanted to save money so 6 of us had to cramp into a tiny room with only one double bed.


That's what i wrote this morning, didn't bother finishing it because i had no internet connection then.

Anyway in short, i'm sick--cough, flu and headaches, my computer got struck by lightning--so i have to use my brother's, and like i've mentioned too many times i have assignments...

And under that stress, the stupid Sunway Monash Condo hostel people, Mr S had to call me and ask for my darn keys. Yup, it's May, that means i've moved out of the hotel. I moved out exactly on the 30th of April, Saturday. I rushed like bloody hell to get outta there before 1.00pm so i could return the stupid set of keys before the office closes and guess what? They closed early. 10 minutes or so early.

C told me it's okay and she'd give the keys for me on Tuesday(today). She went there in the morning before 9 since she had classes but they were closed. So they called me up asking me where my keys are! As if it's MY fault they haven't gotten the keys back yet. And they said they'd wanted to charge me for two damn days. Charge ME??? They close the office early and they want to charge ME???

Isn't that against the law???? Or are they just threatening me?? But at the moment of the call, i couldn't think straight; i just panicked and burst into tears on the spot. I called C, told her to pass the keys to E to give it to them. I called my father, saying sorry he had to pay extra in tears, he was nice about it, but i felt terrible and it wasn't my fault. Then i called E, he was returning the stupid pieces of... metal.

Then i called the office, telling the hostel manager (don't u hate managers?) that my friend is returning the keys. And the hostel card. Dunno what the hell is he doing but he seems to still be threatening me... asking me if i want to pay and telling me about the stupid computer systems that would automatically charge my father half a month's rent. Embarrassed but i have to admit i was hysterical by then, sobbing and talking in hight-pichted choked up voice. I protested that i moved out on Saturday itself and that my housemates saw me...

In the end i wasn't charged for anything. But i certainly DO NOT need that extra trauma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor girl. Yeah, I totally understand. They r a bunch of morons. All they care about is earn more money. Aih.....

meL.a.Nie said...

poor u..next time i'll come by n lend u a shoulder 2 cry..miss ya lots gal~!!

Sue Lin said...

Haha, thanks for the sympathy! =) Miss u guys too!