Monday, September 15, 2008

Monash Malaysia Graduation 2008

Like i said in THIS post, i posted my graduation late but not too late! Hehe, the Malaysian Monash students have finally attended THEIR ceremony!

But here in my blog, its still gonna be about me! Eternally will this blog be about me =P

My first year friends! First met them in course advice session, thats like, before the first lecture in University

Love them so. U know whats weird, the three of us took a subject in 1st year, sem 2 with the subject code ECW2721 and coincidentally was this picture numbered IMG_2721! Freaky, man!

Girl on the right flew off to South Africa for student exchange in 2nd year (and i flew off to Australia before she returned) and girl on the left took a different major. So i hung out plenty with girl below in my second year.

I referred to her as Study Partner quite a lot in my blog in 2006. This girl was in the co i worked for in Nov, quit before i had my interview and she's now an air-stewardess! Incidentally tomorrow's her first flight! To Japan, baby!

How cool is her life, while i'll go back to a dull office tomorrow

She once told me that the way u hold your chopsticks tells you how far u go in life. She holds hers high while i held mine low. She said the higher up u hold your chopsticks the further u go in life. Training myself to hold my chopsticks higher!

The next three pix are of the Victoria University girls who transferred to Monash.

Recognise them from my Melacca Makan Trip? Love these girls too, they are originally E's friends but they welcomed me to their group and treats me like one of them =)


Another ex-VU girl, LW; a 1st year friend, D and a not very flattering picture of me

Below, a 2nd year friend, Indonesian, she was in the Peninsula campus with me in the final semester.

She offered to bring me around Jakarta if i were to go there. Never thought of it but thinking of it now! I needa make my life more interesting!


Next: Colleague JY.

We knew each other in uni cuz of the CPA Australia Club (now known as Monash Accounting Club) but hardly talked till we ended up in the same HUGE company. Roommates in the Industry Away Day.

Now for the guys:

First up, S, 2nd year friend. He, DL (aka girl on the left in first pic), E and i had a lot of lunches
(in the shop nicknamed Orange) and studying together in the Foyer by the bridge. Miss those days, so much fun.

Almost the same height! I told him to wear his coat, just as i told E to wear his coat under the gown, cuz it looks better but he refused! He's now in one of the top medium sized accounting firms

Below: KC and i. Hardworking fella, there was one tutorial where ALL the others and i skipped and he was the only one who attended. AHAHAAHA. Will never forget tht.

Always see him at the gym on Saturdays till i stopped going to the gym on Sats cuz of my class with VivaVertical

Next, DL. He, the female DL (girl on the left in first pic) and i cooked up The Assignment That Scored 96%. Still cant believe thats possible

An International Business and Marketing major student, he's going to, or maybe already started work as a Store Supervisor in a designer outlet in Gardens. In a year's time he could become fashion buyer and fly to Paris Milan etc (while i'll still be just traveling around KL in 1 yr's time). Already has his own business: Glampot (which i was supposed to help advertise via blogging way back in December).

If u put 2 and 2 together, fashion conscience guys would wear the coat under the graduation gown! Looks better ma, agree anot?

Another unimate i never knew till i started work, JC:

Nice friendly guy, always smiling and willing to help, or just chat, unlike a certain someone else i shall not blog about. Too bad i didn't manage to snap a pic with the other colleague who was at the ceremony.

There was a group pic... which i wasn't part of cuz i wasn't in a gown. How I long to wear that ugly gown again! HAHHA

3 comments:

Sue Lin said...

I love the Girl on the left in the first pic! She's so funny and hyper that i cant help feeling happy. She msn me after reading this post and she actually liked the fact tht i referred her to that. Her msn nick is now Girl on the left

Girl on the left says:
i think it's quite cool
Girl on the left says:
instead of girl next door i get girl on left
The Tea says:
HAHAHAH

Shina Willson said...

very informative and interesting blog.
Thanks for sharing:-)

Sue Lin said...

Your welcome dear =) Thanks for dropping a comment!