Friday, November 10, 2006

Accident Again

How many car accidents have i written about in this blog? How many accidents HAVE i been in?

Add one to the list please.

At the roundabout... i saw an opportuinity, the cars coming were VERY far away, i felt that the two cars in front of me could easily shoot out. My concern was, could i, the third car, make it as well????

I saw the first car go, and the second one move... i looked right, at the oncoming traffic, and decided i couldn't make it. But i did let my car roll forward a little bit... a little bit but-

BANG!

I was ashocked! Why thebloodyhell was there a car in front of me??? It could have gone, why didnt it go?!!? Shit, so screwed.

Turned on the hazard lights and came out. Thank god for the kangaroo bars i asked my father to add onto my car right after we bought the car! My little baby is unharmed.

I looked at the other car. Slight dent on the back bumper, barely noticeable, no scrapped paint.

And to tell u the truth i was reliefed to see the 'aunty' kind emerge from the car. I was all "sorry sorry sorry". She scolded me a bit in Cantonese...

Instinctively i walked to the side of her car, check out the damage. Oh my god! The bumper was slightly ajar! Slightly out of shape! No!! I swear i saw my RM50 or RM100 walk out of my red wallet then and there.

I looked at her, heart-thumping. She examined the back of her car... seemed to not mind... if i were her, I WOULD MIND, i'd be like "this stupid girl hurt my baby" but... older people tend to not mind... She did scold me a bit.

But the side bumper? Oh my god... i didn't know what to say...was JUST about to offer RM50 to 'settle' but she started to walk away!

SHE STARTED TO WALK AWAY!!!!

Dumb-founded, i just stood there. It then dawned upon me that SHE DIDNT REALIZE THE DAMAGE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HER CAR!!!!!!!!

Whatthefuck! I couldn't believe my luck, i was getting off scott-free? I started walking back to my car when she was already at her car door...

U haven't gotten away yet, a voice told me.

My heart raced, as i sat in my car... i could see the side of her car bumper sticking out... i patiently waited for her to drive off, this time keeping my distance...

She's gone. I felt bad. She's probably someone's mother... i wouldn't want some stupid girl to do that to MY mother!

But it was also HER fault, duhhhhhhh, u CHECK your car at all reasonable angles that the accident could have affected! Common sense.

What do u think? What would u have done?

18 comments:

supplementals said...

i'd drive off laughing!! ahahaha, ur reward for studying so hard :p

typlotion said...

i feel bad for that mother, but i feel lucky for you. Never in my entire life i involve in car accident before. NEVER! lolx

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

PHEW!

Tan Bok Yuan, Marcus said...

Sue, you are one lucky devil. HAHA..Guess the aunty was in a hurry to fetch her child until she didn't have the time to check.

Typlotion
Wah...Typlotion..you are one safe driver..what is your top speed? 20-50kmp/h?

Jazzy*Pam said...

LUCKY you! Sorry but I would have drive off with relief as well! :P

typlotion said...

no la...5-10

Jocelyn said...

Though I'm ashamed, I'd actually drive off feeling DAMN relieved as well. And thank God for my unbelievable luck. Hey, a ringgit saved is a ringgit earned ;)

Anonymous said...

haha, Sue Lin, you should drive carefully next time lo. anyway, you are very lucky this time!!! haha...*sweat*!!!

To tell the truth i had the same experience as you. i thought the car had gone off but...also bang!!! but it was once only then i will always make sure in front of me no more car then only move lo, though it will be a bit slow!!!:P

Drive carefully!!!

typlotion said...

imagine...the lady is just an ordinary woman....working hard for her family...her mind only pour towards her kids and for her,nothing is more important than that.

She is is a hurry to fetch her children,because children is more important than that damn car...

what if she is not wealthy enough to fix the car
what if she get #%$#^ by her husband
what if she need to dig up extra money to fix the damn bumper,while the money could be part of the budget for the whole family to have a weekend family holiday??

if this really happen to me,and she just walk off like this, i won't feel relief, but i dun think i can sleep well. i think i will chase the lady and discuss 'bout this with her. i'll pay her even she doesn't want me to.

lol, just my 2 cents. no offend

Sue Lin said...

Supplementals, Cher and Joey, haha... survival instincts? We are only humans to feel that way... or is it we are not human? Humans are supposed to be intelligent beings who are rational, who care... =|


Typlotion, i also feel bad, but really arrr u'd do all that?? Or say only?? =P

Guys arrrr! Either get into teruk teruk teruk worse case accidents, or no accidents at all. Good 2 hear u are the NO accidents kind.

But aiyah, u drive such a big car (are u still keeping ur old car, the one from Ausmat?), u got so much $$ go to Aussie for TWO years, sure la can chase the auntie to pay her back =P =P =P If i'm rich i would do that also =P

Anyway, the auntie is quite well-dressed lar, her hair is nicely done etc. I think she see me... so messy (stresed lar, 1 day b4 exam), drive little little Kancil, never washed in weeks Kancil somemore...


Chuang Shyue Chou and Marcus, yeah, i'm soooo lucky. I really hope it didnt cost her much to repair the car/she didnt get scolding from her husband...
Marcus, expensive ar to fix saga? I think its a saga, the new one... or Iswara...


V Lisa, ya lorrr, scared alraedy! Will be more careful. And Elwyn scolded me and i didnt tell my parents! Just tellimg u guys only

So what happen in your accident?? Both cars no damage?

typlotion said...

lolx, its nth to do with drive what car rite (btw still da same :P)?

yeah i did that once before,i was in my friends car, and accident =.=" also lady, my friend wanna go down and engage in an argument but i stopped him, what for? salah edi still wanna like dat....then check check check da side like kemek abit liao and need to paint, pay da lady rm100 although she didnt really angry. i will feel bad if i don't do that.

She's Jess said...

agree with typlotion. sue, if me, i would pay her a bit too. what if she makes a police report?

Anonymous said...

hmm...that time i was driving Waja and i think not really damage lo. the other car also very hard and did not damage. huh..luckily. but not only that accident i had met. in fact all accidents i met are those small small matters but i did tried once which other people bang me till my car could not drive anymore (also my new car).huh..that time i really cried as i was scared.i cannot forget that!!!

Anonymous said...

u r lucky.. she mite haf noticed n decided not 2 bother.. no need sampai chase the poor aunty down la.. u could've juz given her ur number n name.. she can call if she wants.. i would haf done the same thing u did.. feeling damn bad la.. but wat 2 do? :P but then again i dun think i would've noticed the extra dmg.. *bad bad charlotte* LOLz

Patchay said...

Wow...lucky girl indeed!!! Btw, what is her car? Maybe cheap or old car she wouldnt be bothered.

The following might happen to me if I bang someone...
1. If not so serious -- insist that it was not my fault at all..."You la go dowan go, sure i bang u la."
2. If serious -- stand there, stunned, with a little bit tears in my eyes...then "Sorry, how much aunty?"

Well, so far not a single accident "Bang" happen to me yet...hehehe. Cheers.

Sue Lin said...

Typlotion, wah, u damn good... i better not ever drive with u in my passenger seat man! Better let YOU drive my car, so if anything happens YOU'll pay, hehehehehe.


Jess, i WANTED to pay but she started walking away without saying anything... i was just left standing there too shocked to do anything.

I don't think she got my number plate down lar, didn't seem like it... so dun think she would report

But damn, what Marcus said is getting me to. Maybe she was rushing of to pick her kids. =| Aiyo


V Lisa, what!? Bang until cannot drive! Wow, so scary! But u weren't hurt at all, right??? Were u alone? Kena a lot of scolding?

I've had many accidents but never so bad until i cry on the accident spot


Charlotte, like i said to Jess, the aunty started to walk away before i offered her any money, she didnt ask to see my license etc. She just walked away!

Good lar if u didn't notice the damage... i wish i didn't notice it, so i wouldn't feel this shitty. So shitty after reading a certain comment that i don't wanna post the next post i had in mind anymore


Patchay, u damn cute la! Haha, the tears in your eyes part. U really could do that? Dude in distress! Cool man! I can NEVER play damsel in distress.

If its not my fault, i know what to do, can be very garang wan.

But since it WAS MY fault, i was speechless, how could i be so stupid... just stood there, waiting for her to say something about the damage... but like i said, she walked away.

Anonymous said...

fortunately, i wasn't hurt only my car as it bang at my left hand side of my car.and ya i was alone. luckily that accident happened near my house there and i called my dad out to settle it lo. and hehe..my dad did not scold me la, i was scared and crying there, how he scolded...:P
But this is really the most unforgetable accident i had!!!since then i don't have any accident again i guess!!!

Sue Lin said...

V Lisa, oh, wow, i see i see. We're both lucky in different ways