Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thirrrd Time

They pricked my finger, took a droplet of red red blood and dropt it into some blue liquid, my blood didn't sink! It floated. Was that normal??? I panicked!

Nurse told me i had low haemoglobin. She then asked if i just had my period. Yup, it just ended last week =( =( I couldn't donate. Was soooo sad.

I drank lots of soya bean. Had pork ribs for dinner. Made sure i ate a lot of it. Protein, yum, to build my blood cells!! Hahaha. Had long beans too. Egg (in the form of roti telur) for breakfast this morning. Beancurd (Fu chock and chee cheong fun) for lunch today.

Tried testing my blood again today. This time it sunk fast! But only to the middle, where it floated a bit... But the nurse said i could go ahead =) Yeah!

They increased the amount taken from me. 450cc this time.

Don't ask me what cc stands for but it's the same as ml. The past two times i donated blood i was totally fine. But this time i gotreally tired. And my head was spinning a little... =(

Oh yeah. It's totally fine to donate blood even after i had my tattoo done... the doc did show a lot of concern though. But i was confident that Borneo Ink could be trusted. I'm fine.

The stupid prick on my finger hurts more than the one that goes into my inner elbow... cuz they actually inject something into u before the put in the bigger needle in which they use to drain your blood. Only found that out today.

Good thing i could donate today or i'll have gotta go all the way to Sunway tomorrow although it's my off day and prick my poor poor finger again to see if i could donate. Ouch!

New friend M was surprised i was so eager to donate. She thought i was damn kind hearted. =P I told her "No la"... i enjoy donating blood cuz it's the cheapest easiest form of charity around. U just lie there, do nothing and get pampered...

They also screen your blood for HIV and hepatitis. And would contact you within 2 weeks if u have anything. Which is good, free blood screening.

Muahahaha. Notice the word FREE.


Technorati tags:
, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, i nearly fainted this time too after donating! why?? it's never happened before

anyway, happy belated birthday :)

Sue Lin said...

Huh?? Really? Maybe they took more blood from u too??

Thanks!!! =)