Friday, March 24, 2006

My Problem// Pros n Cons about Bloggings

My Problem

Oh my god, that person looks SOOO much like ___!! Did he/she get a hair cut??? This person i'm looking at looks so much younger. And his/her posture is somewhat different. Haven't seen ___ in months. Trying to guess if it is him/her, i stared a bit...

In the end, i didn't say hie or whatever it is u do when u see someone u know. Our friendship is already shattered as it is. And i recently did something in attempt to reconcile the friendship (unsuccessfully). Damn it, by not saying greeting him/her, i appear stuck up. And it makes my all effort seem insincere.

I mean, would u forgive someone who claims she is trying to mend ties with u but doesn't even greet ya when she sees ya??

Sigh sigh. I find this paragraph from Memoirs of a Geisha symbolic to me. Just finish the book by the way.

"I'm quite sure she was right. I'd have an easier time over the following years if i hadn't gone on beliving that Nobu would one day forgive me. In the end i had to give up questioning Mameha whether he'd asked about me; it pained me terribly to see her sigh and give me a long, sad look, as if to say sorry i hadn't known better than to hope for such a thing".


Though i really really really wish that things would be like it was, that is not my main problem, it is a problem caused by my problem.

The main problem is i can't recognise faces well
.

I have a really hard time recognising someone. I need to look and look and think and think before i recognise the face of a person i just met... And because of that i can't really make friends. I mean... here i go talking to someone alot... blah blah blah... i remember the conversation, of course, but i can't remember their face well.

Then i see them around later on and i don't say hie! What the... if u were that person wouldn't u be offended??

In the above case i probably severed an already broken friendship... =(

And in the future it's gonna be a big problem. In business and practically everywhere, people skills are very important to get further in life. Die die die... i can talk ok. But i can't remember faces.

If i'm a witness of a crime scene... i can't identify the killer la, like that.

Die Die... What if i send the wrong person to jail??? What if the murderer is free to roam cuz i can't identify him/her??? That would be a much bigger problem. Sigh Sigh. Stupid.

Do u have any tips for me to remember faces????



Pros of Blogging

1. Blogs are places where people express. Complain. Where they write about their lives.

So if i complain about how i got cheated by a company, others may know about what i went through if they read my blog and then avoid being cheated...

Right now i'm researching a company.

Should i invest RM150 in them?? Would i get my returns?? Their industry is a very very risky one. I have no idea if they are well established... i wish someone has blogged abt them so i'd know more about them. Not much shows up on Google...

By the way, if i do decide to go ahead and invest in them, i'll remove their name from this post...

2. If u go to a therapist, they tell u to write down your feelings, so blogging is a form of therapy.



Cons of Blogging

1. Well, if u complain about a company and u defame them, they could sue you. So most people, would not write the name of the company they got conned by. Therefore, i'll never know if a company is good or not.

Even Ms Famous Blogger is getting her latest post proof read by various agencies.

2. By blogging, conflicts could arise. I lost the friendship above because i wrote down my feelings in my blog.

8 comments:

supplementals said...

hmm...faces are tricky. blogs are tricky.

She's Jess said...

Hmm... Why not make an effort to just call her or sms her?

Oh.. her or him..

soo imm said...

hey girl!!
happy belated birthday! haha i know i'm super late. so so sorry!

anyway some ppl r juz like tat. even if u make the effort to mend things they'd rather ignore u...i say let them grow out of it...but no harm trying if u still wanna continue. so good luck dear :)

Sue Lin said...

Yeah, Supplementals, exactly!

Jess, i did sms to apologise for not saying hello. Got a nice reply only cuz the person didn't know it was me. Phone got stolen...

Soo Imm, thanks!! I'll just see how la. Try one or two more times and then after that i'll leave it up to him/her.

Jocelyn said...

U sms-ed the person to say sorry for not saying hi?? Oookay...how do u know the reason it was a "nice reply" was cos the person didn't know it was u?

About tat Dunnix thingy ah...er...is it an online thing ah? Never trust online stuff esp when no one's heard of it. Tat's my view la :)

Sue Lin said...

Joey, u know... i don't know! It only seemed logic to me... I really don't know. What u say may be true.

Ah! I'm so tired!!!

Actually didn't wanna tell anyone about the message, but it slipped when i thought i was just talking to Jess!

It's not an online thingie. I dunno but somehow i have an instict to go ahead with it. It's logic that's stopping me.

But look where logic has led me??

Jocelyn said...

Aih...I'm getting more confused by the day. Haha...well, wat I said was juz based on my observation. U r the one who is there, so maybe u know the situation better. And who knows, maybe ur efforts will one day, make the person wake up. :)

Liddat ah...hmmm...then u think about it lor. U r doin sum research on it, rite? If it seems ok, then do wat u feel is right. :)

Sue Lin said...

Haha, i'm confused too! There are a million and one possibilities. I'm leaving it for the time being.

I've found some proof that shows they aren't a scam, so mostlikely i'm going ahead with it! =)