Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Embracing Differences

Been 'reading' a lot on Culture in MGW2351 international business and in MKW3444 international marketing. And there is a lot of shit on 'understanding differences', accepting it, appreciating it and respecting others' beliefs, customs and values.

Yup, the world would be so simple if everyone can do that and go a little deeper. Understand that each and everyone of us have our own preferences and dislikes, opinions etc...

Really really hard for me to understand why -- chooses to ignore me. Accepted the chioce. And trying hard not to wish 'em ill and blog about them in a negative manner... but i can never understand how something so small substantiate his decision to blacklist us.

Maybe on the other side it isn't 'so small'?


And also... please dun act like it's soooooo unbelievable that i haven't read Harry Potter. The way one reacted made me feel like i'm soooo unintelligent for choosing Sweet Valley over Nancy Drew. Gossip Girl and Shopaholic over erm... i don't know, i dun even know the classics!

Those are the genres i dig. =P Just because i don't read what u read doesnt mean i don't read.

Just because i dun read the Star everyday doesnt mean i dun read the papers. I read the Asian Wall Street Journal u know!

Hahaha, the VU people needed a copy for the free Wall Street J for class and M used to take it for them everyday so i asked for one too and he's so kind to get me one everyday. At first i just collected it and didn't read it... then i realized, when assignments are around the corner, i have no time to go through everything!!!

So for the second assignments for int biz n int mkt, i forced myself to flip throgh the Wall Street J everyday. Until it became a habit.

Something didn't feel right when i didn't read it today! Hahahaha... better read it tomorrow, before the habit disappears.


One last thing... We each have different views on lending n borrowing money to friends. Some of us lend and only return when asked to, otherwise they'd conveniently 'forget' about the loan. Or put it off until it is forgotten. I find these kind of people hard to handle cuz i absolutely HATE asking for my money back.

I'm getting better at it though.

Cuz it's my right and do u think my house has the magical fertile soil that grows Euros? Hehe, Euros cuz i read that it's a growing urrency.

I'm the kind who doesn't mind lending when the friend is in need. Read need=necessity. Like, if they stay at the hostel and need cash to live. Or to the friend who was forced to pay something in cash urgently when all she had was checks from her mom all the way in Kuantan.

She was reluctant to accept the loan and her personal policy was 'return promtly'! And she did, i was so impressed! I didn't have to remind her! I share the same policy! I borrow from E often. But i return promtly although he's my boyfriend and wouldn't mind if i didn't anyway =P love ya.

There are many who see differently. I borrowed from my bestfriend. RM50, cuz i didn't bring enough cash that day. Returned it to her the very same night. So happened she asked me to go shopping too. I said no, cuz i'm broke (that was after perming my hair n getting my tattoo). And she was like "Then return only when u have the money".

I was shocked! She actually wanted to fund my shopping?? So nice ar? But no need lar, i repay my loans before i spend wan... Basic accounting. =P

Okay, gonna read a bit of cost accounting, then sleep. Shit, i'm so behind in international business. Thanks for reading and i appreciate it more than u know it. =P

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Exactly! The same goes for movies. Sue me for not watching ANY of the Star Wars episodes. It's fine if they juz say, "Oh! That's a pity. The movies are great. U shud try 'em." But noooo...they give u this incredulous look, "WHAT?! Star Wars wor? EVERYONE watches it!"

Well, apparently, "EVERYONE" doesn't encompass me. :P

And oh, don't owe u money, but we owe each other books, though... :)

Sue Lin said...

Ohhh, yeah, Star Wars!!! I didn't even watch a single one. Totally forgot about it cuz it's so unimportant to me! Ahahaha

Yup, yup, we owe each other books! Thanks for Memoirs, loved it!

Anonymous said...

haha, i was forced to read the business section of star everyday. No choice too!

Sue Lin said...

Hahaha. No more Wall Street Journal! =( I think i also must read the business section of the Star

She's Jess said...

Eh.. I just realized I am a business student and that I don't have the interest to read any business related news or articles. Damn it.. so damn wrong man.

On borrowing money.. I don't like the idea of borrowing from others but I find it okay for me to lend out mine to others even if they don't bother to return back. But of course, small amt. Not more than RM300...

Sue Lin said...

Haha, Jess, can lend me RM280 and i won't return. Hehehehe.

Dun worry about not reading business related articles..... i dun read THAT much anyway. Do u read case studies in your textbooks?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I love reading the Wall Street Journal.

The local papers... ack. The less said, the better.

She's Jess said...

That's very honest of you Sue!

Hav too since we are requested :S

Sue Lin said...

Chuang Shyue Chou, yeah! It's not bad at all. And they have summaries on the side. And the backpage is interesting!

Don't really know about the local papers. Would start reading after the exams.


Haha Jess, just kidding! But if u are serious i don't mind! Hehehehehe

Case studies should be enough lar. They like, summaries what happen in a few years into one article. Quite nice 2 read! But too bad i dun have time to read em all in textbooks. No time d.