Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day

Maybe i'll insert photos later, write first!

To be truthful, i did no nothing. All i gave my mom was my time. She wanted to go for a spa thing in Star Hill, just me n her. Oookay. She wanted all 5 of us to go to Genting for a night. Oookay, we all went. She planned everything, won the night's stay at Genting with buffet breakfast and fine dining lunch at The Olive, we just went along and i tried not to complain much (stressed over my stupid assignment).

I'm such a terrible daughter aren't i?? But it was fun. And the fine dining is just for two. So i went with my mom cuz father n bro didn't want it. Hehehe, my mom was happy i went with her cuz i'm the kinda person who enjoys, i mean APPRECIATE food, just like her.

Hahaha, i read menu also i happy d. I eat each bite must say "hmmm... soooo nice" and then she gets happy! Hahaha... Like that also can.

We live to eat, My mom and I!!! =P Guess she was happy to have someone to enjoy the food with her. My father doesnt enjoy food with her, he eats to live. She was also happy i wanted to take pictures of the food. Bro would be embarassed if she did such a thing. Pix tomolo!!!


Watched the movie The Emperrors' March with E. U know that penguin movie that was on GSC's international screen some time back?? It's like a documentary of how the emperror penguins' 60 mile journey across whats the south pole called??

Atlantic (after checking d map, haha). They have to find suitable grounds to lay an egg. It's like -80 degrees there. And it shows how the male penguins sit on the egg to hatch it. Poor things have to go without food for 6 months!!!

I was thinking... in developed nations, the birth rates are really low, even reaching negative figures. People there are saying "it costs so much to bring up a child, so i won't have any children". Makes sense, economically.

But selfish lar... what about those penguins?! Not difficult meh, walk 60 miles with short little stumpy legs in harsh harsh weather just to find the best spot to lay an egg, and without food for months. What if they just say, don't want to have any chicks lar, it's so much hardship?

Not to mention, the eggs MUST be kept warm or they freeze over within seconds! Which is difficult cuz the female lays the egg and she has to pass it to the male...

There were so many poor parent penguins looking at their dead eggs... and u hear their sad cry... =(

4 comments:

She's Jess said...

Sure you had a gd time with yr mum. Ahh... time with her is more precious than buying her a gift :)

The penguin's case... very kesian le.. I didn't watch it anyway... maybe the new one... the happy feet :p But that's more like a happy show...

Jocelyn said...

I personally feel it's not a must to present Mums with gifts on Mother's Day. It's better to treat her nice all year round, rite?

Haha...I live to eat! Sorta...hehe

Anonymous said...

peninsula babey!!!!!

Sue Lin said...

Jess, not bad lar, quite good. Feel a bit guilty, n controling the complaints made me realize how much i complain...
Happy Feet sounds nice, but i guess i can only make time for two shows- Da Vinci Code n She's da man... =(

Joey, yup, its true... but i feel stupid when people ask me, what did u give your mom n i'm like "i gave her my time"!

Jocelyn, yeah! Peninsula! Must talk to u more about it, i dunno anything!