Sunday, May 28, 2006

I Dig

Just watched X-Men 3!! Haha =) Nice nice, good good, i LOVE it! Paid RM10 full price to watch it on a Saturday night and i find it worth my every cent!!! =P

Willing to watch it again (if can get student price @ RM6)!!! Hehehehe. Love the action, love the storyline only flaw is the characters not good looking. Only Halle Berry and the angel guy look good but there's so little of him! =(

The Pyro guy was so hot in the second movie. That is all i remember about the second movie ok? I wouldn't recognise him anyway since i'm so bad at recognising people, but i remember that the fire guy was good looking in the 2nd movie.

This movie, i was like... did they change actor for the role?!


Okie, the rest is crap. Warning u to skip.

Hm. The phoenix. According to my memory, as told in the cartoons based on the Marvel comics that i watched half my life ago, the movie is totally different.

My bestfriend was sad cuz of this fact, that they changed the story. And they killed of her Cyclops. Cyclops is another rare pleasing face to look at in the movie. She loved the character since 10 years ago.

Anyway, i finally came to a personal conclusion. I finally got a theory (theories can be right or wrong) as to why many people who read the book don't like the movie. Eg Harry Potter, Charlie n the Chocolate Factory, Memoirs of a Geisha, Da Vinci Code.

MAYBE it's cuz they dun give the scriptwriters the freedom to change the story (this sentence only in regard to X-Men). They want it as the books tells it (regarding other novels). The movie can't give u every bloody detail u desire. Time constraint. How long did u take to read the book? 6 hours? 6 days? How long is the movie? 2 hours? 3 hours?

First impression is a lasting one. They read the book and they were impressed. The movie can't 'wow' you if u've already read the book cuz u know the ending!

So i came to the conclusion that I MUST WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST, then read the book. Worked really well with Geisha (i enjoyed both the movie and the book) but i don't think it is the case with Da Vinci Code.

I would say that Da Vinci Code wasn't a good movie. I didn't like it that much. And i thought my thoughts were valid cuz i didn't read the book, that i am judging the movie as a movie alone and not in comparison to the book.

But then a friend who has read Da Vinci Code says the movie is nice...

So it is just probably just me. I don't dig the movie genre Da Vinci Code falls under anyway and i totally dig X-Men 3's genre. So u know, everyone has their own opinions.

But it IRRITATES ME WHEN SOMEONE WHO has read the book SAYS 'the book is better'.

aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Watched Da Vinci with E and afew others. Oh my god, the random people on my left.... the minute the movie ended "the book is better". Ah shit go to hell!!!!

After watching Memoirs with my mom, she said, "the book is better". Arrrrrgh, spare me!

Told Ja i was gonna watch Da Vinci, and he said "the book is better".

Arrrrrgh, please kill me. And do it before the exams ya? =P

12 comments:

She's Jess said...

X Men was awesome. Don't know abt part 1 and 2 cause i never like movies like this :p

Yea, agree with you.. ppl who comment on the book is better and all..

Sue Lin said...

Hahaha, I just love X-Men! Used to follow the cartoon on tv. That was so long ago!

She's Jess said...

Yooor... got cartoon somemore ah? haha..

i am dumb.. i don't know much abt all these

supplementals said...

hmm.. how come no one ever says the movie is better?

supplementals said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jazzy*Pam said...

Lols, it annoys me when ppl complain a lot about a certain movie because "the book is better". Grr.

I love all the movies that u mentioned, ex: Harry Porter, maybe because i'm probably the only one person left who hasn't read the book yet! :P

Jocelyn said...

There are ppl who like the movies better.

Anywayz, I hate it when ppl complain about ppl who complain that "the book is better". Hahaha...usually the ones who don't read the book. Kidding, kidding :p

Sue Lin said...

Jess, yup, got cartoon. But no la, that definitely does not make u dumb! =)

Supplementals, got lar... but minority. One says that Lord of the Rings is better in a movie cuz of d animations. Another girl said she liked Memoirs though she read it too...

Haha, Cher!!! U didn't read all the books??? I LOVE U!!! Dun worry, me too, ur not the only one!!! =) I only read Memoirs, didn't read the rest. Always want to read but never got to it.

Joey, terasa sikit! Haha! Dun worry... just sensitive today... would be fine tomolo.
Anyway... u didn't see the way one girl spoke to me when she found out i didn't read Charlie n the Chocolate Factory.... really discriminating. And the way she says i didn't give Harry Potter a chance... like i'm the evil witch who hurt JK Rolling's feelings or something... =(
Maybe i'm way too sensitive all d time.

Jocelyn said...

Aiyoh, was juz kidding. I tot u r ok with the whole "honesty" thing? Furthermore, was juz kidding ma. Anywayz, sorry if it did hurt u. :(

Sue Lin said...

Aiyoh... dun say sorry. Sikit only. I 'Haha' what. Told u not to worry. Today ok already. =)

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

"But it IRRITATES ME WHEN SOMEONE WHO has read the book SAYS 'the book is better'."

You are perceptive.

Hey, I do think people must recognise that books and films are two different mediums. As such, a film is not a book and neither is a good a film. One is not necessarily better than the either. Apples and oranges. Heheh.

Sue Lin said...

Me? Perceptive? Thanks. A lot of effort went into it. =)

Yup, exactly! Apples and orranges... both fruits (aka same characters and general storyline) but different types of fruit. =)