Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Taste of Reality

"Anonymous said...everyone is entitled for their own opinions but not when they say it out freely without respecting and thinking of how others feel. that's sue lin" Monday, October 09, 2006 10:01:21 AM in J's Blog.

For someone who is not even of that religion (Anonymous said "...Seems like you are not a ____? So, HI! Because I am not one too...") , that person seems to be REALLY offended!

Sigh. I've already apologised to my friend and i put up a new apology to those who are from that particular religion. If that is not enough i don't know what is!? Want me to undo the past is it? Want me to sell my house is it? Sorry la, i can't undo the past and i dun own a house.

Why is this person 'advising' me over not "thinking of how others feel" when he/she himself/herself called me shallow and questioned my friendship with my friend among many other things?

Is he/she just using the issue to put me down because he/she dislikes me for some other reason?? Hmm? Don't u wonder?

Sheesh~~

I have a dozen more things to say but why waste your time reading about this namless faceless know-it-all?



Next Blog issue is a sad one. The "racist" candidate in the Monash Elections was disqualified. Because of his Blog?! Oh my God! He/she should just receive a warning. How can such a post go uncontested?

I feel like protesting!

Sigh. The whole thing's a mess. I don't know what to believe. Word has it the candiate claims his/her blog was hacked. A bit far fetched but possible. I doubled the length of my password after hearing that.

Rumour says the opposing candidate would go THAT far to win.

The candidate's Blog is swarmed with about a dozen comments, mostly wishing him/her luck and believing in her/him. But her/his tagboard was flooded with mean things. Some of them supporting him/her and some of them against.

And then poof! The blog with everything in it goes missing. Supposedly due to 'fatal coding errors'. It's back up and running without a trace of what happened previously.

Fishy. As an accounting student... after learning company law and auditing and assurance which emphasised a lot on disclosure and transparency, i wouldn't have done that if i were in her/his shoes. But then again, it could really be because of fatal coding errors...


Welcome to the IT era: Where cyberspace is a hyperlinked to reality.

4 comments:

typlotion said...

don't get affected by this kind of stuff, people take this cyberspace for granted to do anything because everyone can be anonymous in internet.

i can easilly start an issue on the net by scolding "xxx race are stupid" and it can goes up to 100 comment. people just wanna get attention by showing how intellegent they can comment in a particular issue (like what am i doing now :P)

I dun even will spare a chance for these dickheads to affect my mood or life at all.

Sue Lin said...

Hehehe, thanks Typlotion. =)

A bit affected at first la but now getting VERY lame already. Just makes me LAUGH! First comment was ok lar, insulting but got points. After that BULLSH!T.

Zhen said...

I'm against racism too but the comments *he* made weren't particularly harsh or controversial.

Still, the way *he* handled the matter disgusted me (the deletion and subsequent complaint), to the extent that I had decided to withdraw my position in the event that he won.

In any case, it's all political drama garbage. I also agree that the comments on his tagboard were really stupid, especially since I know some of the crazy nuts who perpetrated it... -_-

Sue Lin said...

Hey hey ly4444, i was shocked to read your comment! Everyone in my Blog ignored the elections thing and focused on my conflict! Haha.

*He* didn't win so, congtrats u are the business rep right?? =)

I'm sure u notice that his new blog layout has no chatterbox and there is a glitch in the commenting system...

Thanks for the comment! =) Do tell me how u got to my blog