Monday, October 02, 2006

Inside

Been really stressed on and off. I know the internship is not necessary but i can't rest whenever i imagine myself poor in the future. I can't let that happen. I can't, i can't!!

Its not like i've ever been dirt poor, but just imagining makes me scared till i can't breath. I have never said it out loud, but inside, i am jealous to the core whenever i hear two friends talking about going for hotel buffets with their boyfriends. My heart has turned into the deepest shade of green once too often.

E and i can never afford it, and neither of our parents are willing to spend that kind of money on a single meal, not even on a special occasion. E and i only went to Shangri-La when it was for free.

I do not wanna be 30 years old and say, what have i achieved? I'm only twenty and when i look back at my childhood, i see no achievements! I can't dance, i only have a stupid green belt in taekwando, i don't play the piano, i never finished more than 3 art classes. I was never an athelete...

Just Blogging this scares me. Thank god i somehow realized the importance of being active in extra-curricular activities when i was in form 3. Yeah, i hated them like shit. But i went.

I never got the post President, but i was given treasurer once, and secretary once.

I can never beat my Study Partner, but i am just a step or two behind her. My resume turned out ok. I guess. And i managed to hand it out to one of the accounting big four firms today (if u wanna know which, ask on msn). I am lucky to have her as a close friend, she helped me a lot. The angel CM too. SC too... and thanks M for looking after my stupid laptop while i photostate my academic transcripts! KM, thanls for forwarding me the mail, will apply for the other accounting big four soon.

I really must be above average when i grow up, i must!... i don't want to say no to charity volunteers who stalk me. I want to be able to give RM10 or maybe even a fifty.

I don't wanna be a fat auntie, i already a very flabby stomach n cellulite in my thighs as a twenty year old, how much fatter would i be after i give birth? And with the shitty schedule accountants get, i'm gonna need a very expensive gym membership. I have to be able to pay for it without feeling extra pressure that would add wrinkles to my face.

Oh yeah, and i possibly might need plastic surgery when i'm much older. And i wanna be able to afford it. I am only half kidding here.

I haven't started wanting cars and condos yet... but i'm sure i will one day

11 comments:

supplementals said...

all very real. but next time put a warning in the 1st line or title or something plsss..

Jazzy*Pam said...

And people think I was being paranoid whenever I go into this crazy worried mode!
I guess we are all worried because we have no idea where we would end up in life. And if we'll ever achieve what we want in life. All this uncertainty, it's all part of life. And maybe, it's not such a bad thing right?

Not knowing what the future might brings us, that means we could still make a difference.

Sue Lin said...

Sorry Supplementals, i will next time.

Cher, u too??! U get the "i don't want to regret wasting my life away thing"?

I'll really regret it if i don't take all these opportunities. And i've got all these great friends helping me... There is no reason why i shouldn't do well...

Tan Bok Yuan, Marcus said...

Hehe...your welcome...Monday was really my assignment day...set in foyer the whole day doing just assignments..

She's Jess said...

Sue Lin, don't worry much. We all have our own worries..

I see you as someone who will have a great future. Really.. you are a good and quite a brilliant student. Nothing to worry.

Don't worry you'll become a fat aunty and all la... you're already so slim now... look at me :( I am more depressing than you do..

Having meals in hotels or not is not important. WHat's matter is.. the companion.. and just give thanks that we have our own meals here, even if it's just from mamak. Get what I mean? ANd what do you mean by you can't afford hotel stuffs? Remember our meeting in Prego? At least.. there is something?

I was nothing when I was a child too.. I achieved nothing.. so... not like we are nothing now?

Trust me... you are not a nobody.. you are someone now and someday you will be somebody on the top..

See you on top there!

And... really weird that you blogged this like this. I only thought ppl like me will bitch a lot on future :p

Jazzy*Pam said...

I think everyone gets that, some point in their lives. Mine is kinda constant though, lols! :P

Sue Lin said...

Marcus, =) Congrats on completing ur assignments!


Hey Jess, thanks for the vote of confidence. Another friend of mine said the same thing today too... (regarding the great future). Really hope i do get there n don't die trying.

Not touching the weight issue...

Oh yeah, forgot about Prego. But if anyone noticed, i ate the cheapest stuff available and i made sure i ordered no drinks...

Yup, ur are right about "What's matter is.. the companion.. and just give thanks that we have our own meals here, even if it's just from mamak". =) Thanks for the reminder... but... but there are a few buts lar...

I've blogged like this often. I just always end up clicking on "Save as Draft" and not "Publish" when i'm done.


Cher! But... but... u seem so carefree to me!

Serene said...

hey sue lin..

sounds depressing but it's all so real.. i guess that's what growing up brings huh..

don't be too tough on yourself..
you always were..
i always thought you were this great person to be around..always cheerful, happy and really smart too..:)

you take care of yourself..

Sue Lin said...

Hey Serne, sigh, yeah its all very real, there was a lot more that went through my mind that night.

Thanks for the very nice positive words u have for me =)

U take care too

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

The fact that you exhibit self-awareness shows that you are already on the first step towards something.

Self-awareness is better than being oblivious. Then again, maybe not. Hahaha.

Sue Lin said...

Chuang Shyue Chou! Haha true true. But some people end up demotivated and going the wrong way...

That should not be me! =P