Monday, February 27, 2006

An Idle Mind is the Devil's Advocate

If i got the saying right, that's the one that reflects the way i've been. Can't sleep last night. Thinking too much. Managed to sleep with the help of a yellow flu pill... at 4.30.

Today.... started off great. E drove us to Sunway and we had breakfast. Quite the normal, which made me not the unnormal. Which was damn good. And great people stopped by... Yay! Found out that F has 2 same lectures as me today!!! =)

Did what i had to which includes seeing the course advice manager and then had a cup of coffee to get me through the class.

Yikes, F and i actually sat in the wrong class happily chatting... lecturer came in and he was so... unimpressive. I looked at my folder wanting to know the lecturer's name. I printed out the lecturer's name. Wait... our lectuerer is a lady???? Damn.... wrong class!!!

Hurrid out, apologised and RAN around looking for the right class.

Stumbled in late, i was panting. Only seats available was in front. Damn. And the class is bigger than the last! Embarassing.

But despite that i saw a familiar face, R, yay! And our lecturer is so.... professional. She carries herself well. Speaks well. Dressed unconventionally- brown button down top, tudung (head scarf), light denim skirt and brown boots! Not bad but not great.

Still she got my attention for the whole 2 hours. I loved her class. She makes me excited to study! That rarely happens with me. She even put me in a good mood.

I was so happy. And during the break i spoke to R. Fun! =) And after that class i was bumping into people left and right. A bit the stress... and i feel a bit bad being unable to help everyone. But happy to see so many more familiar faces.

Had lunch with E, fun chattin at Pink. Haven't eaten there over summer. Ce never liked Pink.

Then since i hadn't slept well, i planned to sleep. In the _____. But i started thinking too much. Of old times. Starting bashing myself for what i did. Regret sucks.

Tried to sleep a few times. Tried the library. Didn't work.

So here i am. Convinced that this saying An Idle Mind is the Devil's Advocate is true.


Added at 9.01pm: When Googled, the most common idiom is An Idle Mind is the Devil's workshop. And sorry about the ending of this post... I feel stupid posting it...

5 comments:

She's Jess said...

You had fun today huh? =)

Sue Lin said...

Yeah... some parts were fun... but since i had not enough sleep... it's like... highhhhh=happy, then lowwwwww down in the dumps sad.... then high-happy again and then sad now...

Gonna sleep soon la.

Jocelyn said...

Don't think too much la, girl. I know regret sucks, but it's better to let go and forgive urself.

Anywayz, today didn't sound so bad. U'll have a good sem

Sue Lin said...

Thanks, i'm forever trying. =) I'll write about the rest of yesterday now

Sue Lin said...

That's almost two years ago! Oh my god!