Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Toasted Toes / Phone Phobia / Fashion Fatality

Toast Toes

One of the early signs that tell expecting parents that their child is healthy is if the baby has ten fingers and ten toes.

Toes. My feet are a lil too big but i can say i love them. And i don't understand what some people have against toes! Why do shoe makers make my shoes hate my toes? Why?

More importantly, why aren't toes allowed to be seen at work? Why do u hate toes, o-dresscode setter??

The three smaller on my right foot seem to have become one...



Phone Phobia


Developed today. Was engrossed in doing my work, heard the phone ring but didn't bother about it. I mean, i'm just a insignificant VT, who could call me? It wasn't even the phone on MY desk.

This lady picked up and talked. I overheard a bit. Hung up. Then she said, rather loudly, and rather harsh:

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE AROUND HERE DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE!!".

Though it was a general statement, she was looking directly at me. I, startled, mumbled. Oh my god! Who is this woman and what is she doing in our workstation?? The people i met and sort-of-know are NICE.

After that, when the phone rang, i JUMPED and ran to pick it up. Really phobia already.



Fashion Fatality

Just had to wear my boots last Wednesday despite the fact that i know its unacceptable. Court shoes bite my toes.

While photostating stuff, i heard some scolding coming from the director's room. "Your skirt is too short!", "And after sitting the back is crumpled"....

Glanced at the room (glass walls). D was getting the shelling. D was the first girl who came up to me to introduce herself. I noticed her skirt was on the short side for the profession, but since she wore it, i thought that means i could follow. Not any more.

My heart went out to D. She's nice ok! I offered a few people in my department chocolate last Friday, including D. Later on she came by my ulu corner desk to ask if it was my birthday or something (cuz i was giving out chocolate...), i found that sweet.

And then i feared for my own safety. If the director B scolded her, what about me and my boots???

Another lady was staring at my feet when i went to the toilet. I noticed but tried to look away. Please don't say anything, i silently pleaded.

Guess what she said?? "Your shoes are soooo nice!" Hahahahaha!!!

Didn't dare ask if it was acceptable though she seems nice cuz i dun wanna be told that it isn't. And then... i walked past director C, she's the one who interviewed me. I smiled at her, she smiled at me... walk past... and then she called me!!

Ushered me into her room. And then she said "Did anyone tell you your shoes are unacceptable?". "No", i said...

"Next time you must wear these kind of shoes (points at hers), we call it court shoes". I said ok...

Haven't worn my boots again since then. The way she 'scolded' me was vey nice, i ended up smiling after that. Why can't everyone be like her?

I hereby vow to be like her if i don't fall and break my back climbing that corporate ladder.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love the title :D So creative

Wah...that place is serious stuff. Really tat strict about their dresscode, uh? Mannn...

Oh well. Nice post btw. Heheh

teapenguin said...

wats w ur sakai coolleague and the fone? ask her to station one near her ears lah! hahaha
so anoying...

anyway my dusty blog is updated.. but one only.. will update swak tonite if i got energy..
zzzz
hugs

Sue Lin said...

Joey, haha, thanks! I came up with the title when i was stuck in the traffic. Always think of what i wanna blog about on the way home. Glad u think its nice n creative =)

Ya lorrr =( But at least formal floral skirts are ok, but have to keep it to like, once a week only la. Same goes for formal bright pink or deep red tops.


Teapenguin, dunno her, maybe she tried calling people on my floor and no one answered once or twice??

Will take a lookie at your blog! =P

Anonymous said...

aiyoh.. crazy.. ur company too free izzit? means they really look at u from top to bottom all the time?! scary shit wey... hehe... all the best to you.. :D

Anonymous said...

Haha!! Why those ppl so keh poh 1? Which company is it?

I guess my company is much better... So far, I only get compliments bout my outfits... And we can even wear casual wear like t-shirts on Fridays!! :p

soo imm said...

aiyooo i've been missing out on so much!!
can't believe u're interning already!
how's work so far? n tat phone lady is mean la. reminds me of rude aunties from pasar dunno y >.<
n why are boots not allowed!! they should watch the devil wears prada sheeeesh.

Sue Lin said...

Beaaaaaa =( dunno them la... not like any clients SEE me! The only way we tax people correspond with outsiders is by courier and fax

How's the company u work for now??


Jacqueline, ya lorrrr, u are in marketing ma. Marketing fun, accounting... =(

Can't say the company's name here... i'll tell u online or via sms k?


Soo Imm, work itself is alright la, but the dresscode really can kill!! =( I feel like i'm in school again- where all the prefects inspect your uniform...

I'm just thankful they aren't bitchy about hair la. Thank god NO ONE ties up their hair in buns.