Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Childish

Cut into another lane on Kesas. Heavy traffic, rush hour. Expensive bike sounded its horn at me. I horned back lar, u think u own the road? =P

The guy horned back! And i horned back again! And he horned again! Wahahaha, while beeping/horning/whatever me, i saw him bounce on the seat of the bike! Damn funny! Hahahahaha. Like sound effects-the beep is the sound effect of the bounce!

I laughed like hell. Dunno if u understand me. =P

Next. I fell out with a friend last year. Used to be very very close, but hardly spoken to her since July last year. Just hellos, sms birthday wishes. A couple of short conversations online once in a blue moon etc.

On the way to E's place this morning, i passed by her house. Her brother was reversing out so i stopped and waited. I saw a girl in a passenger seat but i didn't know if it was her or the brother's girlfriend. So i did not wave/smile.

I did smile at her brother but i guess he didn't see me since his expression didn't change.

In uni, i saw someone that looked like her from afar. I looked again, longer, trying to assertain if it were her, since i'm VERY bad at recognising.

When i determined it was her, just as i was about to smile and wave, she turned away deliberately, bithcily, in a frown, before i managed to smile, wave.

Okayyyy, so it was her in the car with her brother. And she must be mad at me for not smiling/waving?? So she's returning me the cold treatment?

Is it my fault? Do u think its justifiable that she did what she did? What about next time? Should i smile when i see her? Or should i do the same?

There is not much left to salvage from the friendship, honestly, i don't enjoy her company anymore but i don't want to see that five-six years of friendship degrade into completely nothing. I don't wanna say "that girl and i were close but now we don't even say hie to each other anymore".

But at the same time, i don't want to smile at her, only to have her intentionally ignore me. I don't know why but it still hurts to have her treat me that way.

Interpret the title of this post in whatever way u wish. If u think i am the childish one, so be it, but do tell me. I need to know, i need to learn. But comment diplomatically. Thanks.

10 comments:

sakurablossom said...

Hi, I think the girl is the one that childish. Come on la. She is delibrately doing it. It is so obvious. And also you wasn't really sure if it was her in the car. But if you want to do something about it I suggest just explain to her why lo. Up to you lo. Some girls are like that. But many people I know of when I or them see me somewhere but wasn't sure if it is the one and them or I notice that. Usually by the time I get to school, I will ask them or something instead of pointing my nose up. Pffttt she is just arrogant.

supplementals said...

Haha, comment diplomatically i shall try.
I think ur worrying needlessly. Just explain to her what happened. She should be mature enuf to understand. Afterall, if u HAD intentionally not waved/smile, would u even bother to explain? Just dont expect too much when u explain tho
Next time just simply wave 1st even if ur not sure if its the right person la. Strangers can bounce when u horn them, wave and smile, they might start dancing woot!

typlotion said...

yes, u always bad in recognizing =P

Sue Lin said...

You both- SakuraBlossom, Supplementals think i should explain ar??? But its more than 36 hours ago already. How? I should have explained instantly... like ten mins after she did that...

How ar? Simply wave at people? I did that before at the beginning of the semester, damn malu, but better than this lar i agree...

But in the case above... how? Was i supposed to constantly waved at the car?? I really dunno what i do.

And when i saw someone who looked like her but not sure if its her, was i supposed to just smile n wave instantly without making sure if i got the right person?

I really suck at all these rules.

Dunno lar, i'll sms her tomolo to apopogise. Doubt she'll reply, but at least after that i'd know i've already done my part?


Typlotion, i'll pretend i didn't notice u here =P =P =P Crap la u! Haha

She's Jess said...

Sue Lin, why the fuss? I mean, since she's treating you in such way... do you still think that any way that you two will make up to be good friends again?

I am not discouraging you from salvaging your friendship with her. But it's like... you are taking all the opportunity to say hi and all while she's like, "it doesn't matter to me" attitude.

Now that you don't really enjoy her company, what's the point of apologizing and all now? So what if it hurts when you got such treatment from her? Life is never fair... remember?

She's not REALLY childish. I used to have a best friend since primary school, till Form 4, she decided not to be friend with me because she said I don't belong to her group, where all beauties and pretty girls are only allowed to join her.

And what do you expect me to feel at that time? I still miss our friendship but seeing things like that and since she wants it this way, let it be... friends come and go after all. Only true friends remain always.

valeriest ~ 琪 said...

Hmmm, friends do grow apart. IF she's not making any effort? WHy you?

Tan Bok Yuan, Marcus said...

Hye!! I could imagine u laughing!! Haha...oh well...I could roughly figure out how the situation was..hehehe..Don't really have to care about situations such as your friend..she is not the only one in the list of your friends..so don't bother about such people..they will realise that letting you go as a friend is a BIG mistake..so don't be to carried away by her dubious actions..

Sue Lin said...

Wah, suddenly so many comments ar? Thought of removing this post... i'll just make one small adjustment n leave it here lor.


Yikes, Jess! Really surprising to hear that there are people like your primary school best friendin Malaysia!

Valeriest, Marcus, I'm not seeking to be good friends with this girl anymore and most probably its vice versa... i just don't want it to go to the "we don't even say hie to eat other anymore" stage, thats all.

So, i smsed and looks like it won't end up becoming "we don't even say hie to eat other anymore".

Thanks guys!

Ang Gu Gu said...

what a girl =( hehe..should recognize better..hiaKZ

Sue Lin said...

Yeah, i should, i want to. But i just plain can't