Saturday, August 26, 2006

Monash Street Party

Held at the Sunway University College carpark at 6pm onwards. At 5pm it started to rain. And rained. And rained. And it got heavier.

It was so pathetic, i was in the front tent on the right...
There was performances by local artists and an mc and stuff in the main stage. There was completely no one in the middle due to the rain.

Even when my shift ended i opted to stay in the booth cuz i didn't wanna venture out into the rain. Though the shoes i wore were beat up old FAKE Adidas, i love them and didn't wanna get them wet. But when i went home my socks were wet... hm.. so they did get wet? Hahaha

Anyway, so, everyone had the same rational as me- stay in the tent. We were just standing there doing nothing. No one is paying to play the games, the satay man was running late... the hotdogs were good though.. or maybe i was THAT hungry.

Ex-CPA accounting club president told me that this activity costs about RM10000! Shit right? For the events management company, the tents, the local artists i guess and compensating Sunway for using the carpark!

Cheer Club + Engineering Club booth had problems. Selling a set meal-spaghetti and meatballs, a drink and jelly. RM9.00. And their stove is not working! Cheer Captain's face was really sullen, she wasn't her usual cheerful smiley self, she was just sitting there looking at the ground.

R and J went to get another stove and R got into an accident! Nothing serious though.

At about 8 did the rain start to subside and things got better lar. I went over to do my duty at the Cheer Club + Engineering Society booth. Teribbly SESAT!

I suck at waitering! I served well... and then banged the table and the drink spilled! So clumsy! And then i didn't have the brains to think of getting tissue to wipe the table... just left it there until i later! Why am i so stupid?

Luckily after that i was made "cashier", easy easy, just tear the coupons, and count the cash...

Friends who couldn't finish up their coupons and wanted to leave gave me their leftover coupons! Hehehehe. So i could afford the spaghetti, not bad not bad! Had to eat alone though =( All the other girls had the early shift and the captain is busy preparing spaghetti. Her boyfriend's the cook! He really helped out a lot and he's not even from Monash.

They were so sweet together. Made me miss E !!! =( Not to mention there was another lovey-dovey couple around, HR and CL, hugging to keep warm

Not that i was cold but, aiyoh, i was so alone. Checked my phone and saw a long sweet sms from E telling me about the plans for our 2 year anniversary! =) I smiled. But didn't reply. Sorry lar E for not replying. I dunno why i didn't.

Walked around a bit after that. Found some of my friends! Yay! Haha. And took pictures which didn't turn out well. Hate my camera. Actually, i hate myself for being NOT photogenic.

Then i heard my one of my favourite local songs being played! Went to go take pix!
K-Town Klan by Red Dragon, if i'm not mistaken, i don't really pay attention to who sings what, sorry! But i know and like the song lar.

Towards the end of the event, every club was trying to sell off their goods at lower prices. The accounting club too, i tagged along.

Girls-in-black sweet talked girl-in-white's boyfriend into buying fishes for RM5. Poor guy had to give in! And then we made him take a picture for us! Hahaha

Ms President
, who is my "i dunno what am i gonna do without you when i go to Australia" study partner is next to "shitty fat looking" me in red, if u wanna know.


Really grumpy the whole week before event, reluctant to man the booths for the 3 clubs i'm in. Doing so just to get certificates. Usually i am like that before any events- grumpy, irritated. But i end up enjoying the thing.

And thats what happened again. After all the trouble i went through to get the early slots so that i could go home by 9pm, i ended up staying there on my own free will until after 11. =P


Ps. Eh... how to study without 9 highlighters? I feel so handicapped! =|

4 comments:

Elwyn said...

K-Town Clan is a group ... and Red Dragon is also another group ... how is it possible for a group to sing a group ?

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like fun. Man, Sunway rocks my socks!! So many fun activities!

Haha, btw, it's Dragon Red. Terbalik. Hahaha...

And oh, u do not look fat!! And I'm not juz saying it to be nice

Elwyn said...

yeah yea, my bad again. Its suppose to be dragon red .. hahahaha joey, u really know ur stuff dun u ...

Sue Lin said...

OOOPS! Hehe. Thanks!