Friday, June 09, 2006

Honesty . Ass . Anonymous

Said i value honesty. Yup i do! I need it to know if i've done anything wrong or just plain irritating. Need to know opinions so i can improve myself, make amends, apologize...

Constructive criticism. Definitely would appreciate the honesty and wouldn't take it TOO personally. Wouldn't let that get in the way of friendships. But that doesn't mean i wouldn't feel hurt.

About a week ago, a guy friend asked my opinion on a girl... "Is she fat", he asked. I was like "NOOOOO, WHERE GOT, CRAZY AR?", I didn't see anything wrong with her overall!

And then he said she has tummy. Well ok, many girls do, shut up if u don't. =P The girl walked away so i didn't get a better look. Then he added "I think she drinks beer". Implying she has a beer belly?!

Automatically i said, "Then i also drink beer lar?"

And he said "A bit la".

Shit man, the idiot thinks i drink beer! Slapped him! I'm allergic ok?! Then he tried to change topic, ask E, who was nearby, whether he drinks beer.

Damn damn damn... i'm so fat (in the stomach region) that my friend thinks i drink beer!?!

SHIT, U KNOW. It's one big wake up call to start working out (haven't jogged in over a month cuz of exams). I'm even doing pathetic things like jogging on the spot in the shower everyday. And like, eating 3/4 packet of maggie mee instead of one. Sigh.



On a happier note, in my last post i mentioned that E calls me bitch n i call him ass everyday? Haha. His bestfriend called me bitch too and i automatically replied "Assssssssss" in the same way i reply E everytime he calls me bitch.

It didn't feel right! Haha, it's like... 'ass' is a replacement for 'dear' or something in our case! Haha

Then the other night, over dinner, E told me he forbids me to call anyone else ass! AHAAHAHA. He wants 'ass' exclusively to himself! I laughed so much.

Yeah, ok, so he's my ass. =)



Hm... over the past 2 weeks a friend of mine has been receiving rude anonymous comments in her blog, insulting her looks and cursing her relationship with her boyfriend. Long story, even i am not clear on the details.

However, i defended her wherever and however i could. Wasn't that difficult, the anonymous herself gave us a lot to rebut. I wouldn't say it's entertaining but i did find it challenging to refrain from cursing back n calling names. It felt great to retort sarcastically n to speak oh-so-diplomatically. =) It's nice to structure a comment in such a way that attempts to get the point across good.

The anonymous ignored my friend's friends who were defending her, including me. It felt like she/he couldn't handle us. Which gave me some sense of victory! Haha, it seems peaceful there in her blog for about a day now, hope it ends there.

In one of my defensive comments, i said, "And anonymous, (if) u need a place to vent out, I DARE YOU TO COME TO MY BLOG, I DARE YOU! =) Leave my friend alone."

I have no idea where that came from but it's nothing i regret. Looking forward to it even. I've never had any useless negative anonymous comments before and i'd like to see how i'd handle it! Hehe. Besides exam's almost over n could use some drama.

Anyway, i've came to a conclusion that anonymous comments do not matter much. It is unreliable. If a friend tells me my flaws, i might take it into consideration. However when someone hides behind the cloak of anonymity and says i have a bad attitude... how true is the statement? Is it valid?

What makes him her say so? In Literature in English SPM (the whole literature paper, not the small component one), my teacher gave me hell over 'sweeping statements'. We had to justify everything. In Monash, assignments have to be referenced to academic journals or newspapers etc or we'd fail instantly.

10 comments:

She's Jess said...

Duh! Fat means because of beer? It doesn't make sense to me at all.

be careful when jogging on the spot while showering. Slippery you know. And oh.. no worries.. at least you're doing something and I'm not doing anything. So, let's just think that you look good but not Jesslyn :)

And abt that "issue". I am not quite sure what is it all abt because there were too many different topics discussed by her. From looks to jealousy, then to ytl issue, oscar award, loyalty and all. Confusing.

But anyhow.. THANKS A LOT SUE for everything!

I think it's all fine now... :)

Sue Lin said...

Guys can b so dumb! Hahahaha, but ya la, i'm THAT fat. Thighs suck too. These doesn't show in pix cuz i try to only use head n shoulderds pix of me.

Thanks 4 ur concern, but my current stupid soap isn't soapy! Hahaha. Hate this soap... HAHAHAHA.

Hahaha, whoa! Even u are not quite sure what it is about!?
Good to know its all fine =) No problem, just doing what i can

supplementals said...

honestly, anonymousses are asses.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

"Anyway, i've came to a conclusion that anonymous comments do not matter much. It is unreliable."

You have summed it up.

Besides, comments, anonymous or otherwise should be evaluated on its merits. Don't let every detractor worry you. It's not worth it.

Sue Lin said...

Supplementals, ahaahaha. No comments on your comment!

Eh, no wait, i see what u are doing! U combined my title!


Chuang Shyue Chou, yup! Exactly! Can't let detractors worry us. Learnt that recently.
Thanks for commenting! =)

kīlauea said...

yooooooooooooooooooo.. passing through.

Sue Lin said...

May, please dont say that I am saying that u are the anonymous because I am not. Please dont accuse me of accusing you.


Hey, k?lauea.

She's Jess said...

MOST LIKELY!!

Not EXACTLY

Serene said...

haha..totally understand..
been getting some anonymous comment about how lousy my english is compared to other bloggers..
but then there are some anonymous comments that totally make my day..

Sue Lin said...

Serene! Yeah i know, got one good one before too, out of no where! Very nice =) Ur grammar bad meh? Dun think so, what were they hoping???



May, do u recall my very first comment to u????

"May, that is why u shouldn't have commented as 'anonymous' in the first place. Now anyone who hates u and want to see u go down would trash Jess here(http://sheisjess.blogspot.com) as anonymous, and people would assume its you.

No offence, just stating what i think. I do feel for u, i lost a couple of friends because of something blog related. After that i've learn to think before i act, hope u've learnt that too.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:17:16 PM "