Friday, June 16, 2006

For my phone I will

If u think about something happening so much it'll happen. Happened before.

Happened again.

The skirt i wore today had shallow pockets, so i was afraid that my phone would drop out and into the toilet... so afraid that the thought ran through my mind so many times. I decided to hold phone while i did my business.

Dumb move. That is exactly when i dropped my poor phone. Right into the toilet bowl! The squat kind that's popular in Malaysia. I watched in astonishment as it went down! Is this really happening to me?

By the time i reacted, it was too late! Actually, put left hand into the toilet bowl in attempt to catch my Nokia 6100!!! Not only did i not get my phone, disgusting stuff was caught under my fingernails!

Eeeewwwwww, i don't wanna imagine what is it. Yellowish. Yuckkkk.

Washed my left hand and i don't know what got into me... went back into the toilet and ACTUALLY PUT MY RIGHT ARM INTO THE TOILET BOWL... couldn't feel the bottom nor my phone.

Urgh. I don't know where my courage came from, i guess i just didn't think. Right arm into the toilet bowl AGAIN!!! This time deeper. As deep as possible. Stretched as far as i can go. Kinda hurt my ribs from stretching.

Still no luck.

Washed up and went for help. Maintanence was so kind to help me out. They said the toilet is over 4 feet deep! Shit! They asked if there was any string on my handphone. They would use a wire to fish out my phone...

Apparently, just yesterday another girl suffered the same fate. One of the maintanence guy was a little pissed with stupid girls like us.

The other was nice and talked to me. Asked me if my phone was expensive, when i said it wasn't, he empathetically asked "Banyak memori?" (a lot of memories?)!! So understanding! Too bad for the other girl, nice maintanence guy said that hers could not be recovered. =(

I was still hopeful. And appreciated this guy's not-pissed-behaviour. I thanked him even before we got to the stupid toilet. He's so humble lar, straightaway told me not to thank him cuz they haven't saved my phone yet.

I said, in Malay that it doesn't matter, they're helping me and for that alone i thank them.

One of them shined a torch light into the toliet bowl... the other was fishing with the wire. Waited patiently... within seconds, they got my phone out!!!!!!!!!!!

No shit-like stuff or anything on it, Thank God. Nice maintanence guy washed it for me with tap water. I thanked this guy again since the other guy disappeared quite quickly...

A girl saw me blow drying my phone under the hot-air-thingie... and she told me that it happened to her before. She let her phone dry out for a week before turning it on again and it works.

Thanked her more than once and plan to follow her advice. Please please let my phone work. Lots of memories inside. Still have one of the first few message E sent me....

Soaked my hands in Dettol until they hurt...

12 comments:

Jazzy*Pam said...

Oh gosh, so awful for you. I hope your phone would still be able to work!

Oh and does tht mean no sms-ing you for the time being? :)

Sue Lin said...

Haha, thanks for the concern n the super fast comment! I haven't even finished editing it... hehe, grammar stuff n changed the title.

I'm using an old phone, really hard to sms! =( Might be pinjaming another phone

She's Jess said...

Shouldn't be a problem.. I dropped my phone into a pail of water before... it still works .. I opened the whole thing and let it dry itself for a day

Jocelyn said...

Hahahaha...I'm paranoid about my phone dropping into toilet bowls, too. I usually stuff it in my front pocket AND grab it also.

Remember my phone once went into the washing machine (Ausmat)? Well, I'm sure ur phone will work fine. Juz let it dry like they suggested

Sue Lin said...

Yay, thanks Jess, that's what everyone's been telling me! =) Happy... but still a bit scared... still letting it dry. Leaving it for a few days.

Joey! Haha, smart! I think from now on, if i don't wear jeans, i will put my phone into my bag when i'm in d toilet.
Yup, remember ur Samsung that went into the washing machine! After that u were promoting Samsung! Haha

supplementals said...

thank you. u just saved me from the 3.50 i would've used for supper. ur phone will be fine,, as long as u dont think where its been.. completely usable

typlotion said...

lolx!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Lin said...

Supplementals, your welcome! Hahaha. Good good, everyone says it'll work, yeah! Maybe try it out tomorrow. Its ok lar...
Glad that it happened on an exam day, so not many people used the toilets on that floor. Plus was still early in the morn... so i'm spared... a bit...

Typlotion, good lar 4 u. Get to laugh at me lar... =P Thanks for commenting by the way

Jacqueline said...

that happened to me b4... I dropped my old phone into Leisure Mall's toilet b4 i do my business... haha! So I took it out and washed it... its fine.. :p

Sue Lin said...

Jac, good 4 u good 4 u.

Mine's not okay =( =( =( Aiyah... so unfair. EVERYONE who commented/talked to me whose phone fell into water can still work BUT mine... =(

Jacqueline said...

Actually i salute u lor... i wont dare to put my arm into the monash's toilet lor... soooo deep and dark!!

Btw, did u try to on the phone b4 its totally dry up? If u did, means the phone was 'burnt'... another word, cannot use ady lor..

Sue Lin said...

Hahaha, i love that phone so much lar. Dun wanna get a new one! The only thing that pone doesnt have is a camera. Other than that it's PERFECT to me.

Nope, didnt try it after fishing it out... =( but it was still on when the guy got it out... quickly shut it down but i think its too late